Visit us - weekends and school holidays
The Solitary Islands Aquarium lets you dive in and explore the unique marine environment of the Coffs Coast through its aquariums, guided tours and interactive displays.
We are located at Southern Cross University’s National Marine Science Centre, serving as an important community asset helping to bring an awareness and appreciation for our marine environment through education and science.
Making a reservation
The aquarium will be limited to 50 visitors at a time and entry will require reserving your tickets prior to your visit. Please select a date and time when you would like to visit and present your reservation confirmation and payment upon arrival. We are encouraging visitors to use cashless payment.
To visit the aquarium
- Select a date and session time
- Add your details
- Present your reservation confirmation and complete payment upon arrival
Our session times run for 1.5 hours;
- 10am to 11:30am
- 11:30am to 1pm
- 1pm to 2:30pm
- 2:30 to 4pm
Please note you will not be admitted before your entry time.
- Saturday: 10am-4pm
- Sunday: 10am-4pm
The aquarium is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Entry Ticket Pricing
- $15 for adults
- $10 for children
- $12 for concession
- $45 for a family of up to 4 people (2 adults and 2 children)
- Children under 3 are free
The Solitary Islands Aquarium is open to the public every Saturday and Sunday as well as every day during the NSW School Holidays.
The Aquarium is located at the National Marine Science Centre (NMSC), 2 Bay Drive, next to the Pacific Bay Resort complex just north of the Big Banana. Turn onto Bay Drive off the Pacific Highway and the Aquarium is located 200m on the right.
View NMSC location map.
Annual Pass Program
Annual passes are valid for one year from the date of purchase. They are non-transferable and non-refundable. Card holders must be present and guests not listed on the Customer Form will be required to pay entry at a 20% discount.
Annual pass can be purchased at the front desk during normal aquarium operating hours.
Membership privileges include:
- One full year of unlimited free entry to the Solitary Islands Aquarium from date of purchase
- 20% discount for each additional guest
- 10% discount on gift shop items
- Invitation to our bi-monthly Marine Discovery Series Lectures.
- Dual Family Pass – $112.00
- Two adults named on card and two children or grandchildren
- Single Family Pass – $87.00
- One adult named on card and two children or grandchildren
- Dual Pass – $75.00
- Two adults named on card
- Individual Pass – $37.00
- One adult named on card
Terms and conditions of membership
- A valid Solitary Islands Aquarium annual pass allows the listed members unlimited entry during normal opening hours for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Solitary Islands Aquarium annual passes are non-refundable and non-transferable and are for the exclusive use of the person/s to whom it is issued.
- Members must present to Solitary Islands Aquarium staff a valid annual pass card. Adult members will also need to present another form of identification – preferably with a photograph to verify membership.
- The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their annual pass membership are correct at all times.
- Solitary Islands Aquarium has the right to revoke annual passes if the holder abuses the terms and conditions of the annual pass program or is unruly or disrespectful of aquarium rules of entry.
- Additional guests of annual pass users must enter the aquarium accompanied by a valid annual pass holder.
- Use of the annual pass constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Solitary Islands Aquarium annual pass program.