Visit us - weekends and school holidays
Great news, we are open!
The Solitary Islands Aquarium reopened on 27 June, following the easing of restrictions by the NSW Government for Zoos and Aquariums.
The health and safety of our staff and visitors is our utmost priority and over the next few weeks we will be putting in place new procedures to ensure the aquarium is a safe place to work and visit.
The changes include pre-booked sessions to manage visitor numbers, social distancing, increased cleaning measures and changes to some of the experiences. While our fish will love to see you, some of our high touch experiences such as children's play activities will be temporarily unavailable.
We look forward to seeing you back at the aquarium very soon and thank you for your ongoing support.
The Solitary Islands Aquarium, located at Southern Cross University’s National Marine Science Centre, serves as an important community asset helping to bring an awareness and appreciation for our marine environment through education and science.
Making a reservation
To limit the number of people in the aquarium, all guests, including annual pass holders, will need to reserve tickets on our website for a specific date and time before entering.
Upcoming school holidays are from Monday 28 September to Sunday 11 October.
To visit the aquarium prior to 28 September.
To visit the aquarium over the school holidays.
- Select a date and session time
- Add your details (include all members of your party including children under 3) *
- Present your reservation confirmation and complete payment upon arrival
Our session times run for 1.5 hours;
- 10am to 11:30am
- 11:30am to 1pm
- 1pm to 2:30pm
- 2:30 to 4pm
Please note you will not be admitted before your entry time.
* This is a government requirement
The Solitary Islands Aquarium is open to the public every Saturday and Sunday as well as every day during the NSW School Holidays. The Aquarium is located at the National Marine Science Centre (NMSC), 2 Bay Drive, next to the Pacific Bay Resort complex just north of the Big Banana. Turn onto Bay Drive off the Pacific Highway and the Aquarium is located 200m on the right. View NMSC location map.
NSW School Holidays 2020
- July 4 to 19, 2020
- September 26 to October 11, 2020
- December 19, 2020 to January 26, 2021
(Closed December 25, December 26, January 1)
There is also an available for purchase giving great discount benefits.
Along with being open to the public every weekend and NSW school holidays from 10am to 4pm, the Aquarium is also available for tour group bookings during weekdays. Cost per person for a weekday group booking is $10. The facility is fully wheelchair accessible (including toilet facilities).
To make a group booking please contact the Education Program Manager on 02 6659 8118 or email email@example.com.
Annual passes are valid for one year from the date of purchase. They are non-transferable and non-refundable. Card holders must be present and guests not listed on the Customer Form will be required to pay entry at a 20% discount.
Annual pass can be purchased at the front desk during normal aquarium operating hours.
Membership privileges include:
- One full year of unlimited free entry to the Solitary Islands Aquarium from date of purchase
- 20% discount for each additional guest
- 10% discount on gift shop items
- Invitation to our bi-monthly Marine Discovery Series Lectures.
- Dual Family Pass – $65.00
- Two adults named on card and two children or grandchildren
- Single Family Pass – $55.00
- One adult named on card and two children or grandchildren
- Dual Pass – $55.00
- Two adults named on card
- Individual Pass – $30.00
- One adult named on card
- A valid Solitary Islands Aquarium annual pass allows the listed members unlimited entry during normal opening hours for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Solitary Islands Aquarium annual passes are non-refundable and non-transferable and are for the exclusive use of the person/s to whom it is issued.
- Members must present to Solitary Islands Aquarium staff a valid annual pass card. Adult members will also need to present another form of identification – preferably with a photograph to verify membership.
- The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their annual pass membership are correct at all times.
- Solitary Islands Aquarium has the right to revoke annual passes if the holder abuses the terms and conditions of the annual pass program or is unruly or disrespectful of aquarium rules of entry.
- Additional guests of annual pass users must enter the aquarium accompanied by a valid annual pass holder.
- Use of the annual pass constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Solitary Islands Aquarium annual pass program.